Monday, November 9, 2009

Hero Reflection


The answer to how does a hero become a hero can be answered in many ways with varying amounts of opinion's. My point of view on it though is that a hero becomes a hero when the media thinks their story is interesting enough to pull in more ratings...
The hero in my eyes project was about figuring out what makes a hero and how to concentrate on a single moment and show strong emotion in that moment that shows why they are heroic.
We had to do quite a few steps to get to the final product but one stands out to me. I didn't turn in my second draft in time which in turn caused me to rush on and not change anything on it. This caused my character sketch to turn out less than what I would have wanted it to be.
I learned that it is hard to pick a single moment in someones past and focus on it especially when they are fuzzy on it themselves. A challenge I encounter was that I didn't pick good enough questions and I was forced to use them and ended up fighting against myself because of it. I would have definitely picked better in-depth questions that really pinpointed on one single moment. All my mistakes with this project really taught me what not to do later on... which is helpful...
I guessed I tried, failing horribly, to use innovation in my character sketch... I wanted to do a broader look at why he was a a hero and try something different, but that didn't turn out quite like I wanted it to.
This is a link to my Character Sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment