Monday, April 26, 2010

Discussion of My Ishmael and Food, Inc.


well, my mother and I discussed both My Ishmael and Food, Inc. With food, inc we were in agreement that what has been happening recently (according to the movie) was deplorable and actually shocked my mother a few times. This discussion led us in to talking about how food is locked up (according to My Ishmael) and my mom didn't find it as interesting of a concept as it was to me. I eventually got around to talking about a hypothetical house design I have been constructing slowly but surely. I described it to her as a "house that is more like its own city than just a home." what I mean by that is this design I have been concocting is a dramatic re-design of the everyday home. The roofs are 100% replaced by solar panels and the roof is lined with a gutter system that leads all the rain water into a underground purifier that recycles the water to be used for the household. My design also involves a automated greenhouse slapped onto the back. Thats not even the half of it... I am just personally a little lazy and don't want to go in-depth. We next moved on to another subject from My Ishmael, Education. Now my mom is a firm believer that the current education system overall has been doing a great job so far. I on the other hand have always thought our educational system was crap and lacked severely in more than one way. My Ishmael essentially just gave more enough fuel to argue with her over the subject for months, maybe years to come... heh. She tried to fiercely defend our educational system but I eventually was able to best her when I explained a prototype design that I have been toying with... Essentially this design revolves around the base idea of a collage only on a much longer term. Again my laziness prohibits me from explaining this in any real depth.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was interesting. The only thing that confused me was how you strayed from Food, Inc to a hypothetical design for a house that you are constructing.

    ReplyDelete