Monday, May 10, 2010

Sustainability Visit

1. What is your name and role here?
My name is Kathi and I am a shopper here.

2. Why do you choose to shop here?
Well there are fresh food... and I am sort of forced to by my children, but I also like to support.

3. When did you first start coming here?
ummm, A while go... few years now. I think five years, at least.

4. Do you garden at home?
uh, no. I live in a apartment so it really wouldn't be all that easy for me to garden at home.

5. What would your advice to get others to do what you do?
hmmm, I guess because it's a good thing...



1. I guess what struck me about it was how small it was. The one I went to you could easily walk up and down the entire length of it in what seemed to be only a minute. As far as goods there it was what I expected, they had all the average stuff you would expect to find at a farmer's market.

2. I didn't really look at the prices of most items but I did notice that honey at the market I went to was fairly expense compared to what I was use to.

3. hmmm, I don't think my family will any time soon seeing how stubborn some of us are, but I think further down the line I will eventually start going to them more often than not.

4. I think these places and the people at them show why most don't live sustainably because I realized that some there have the want and desire to live more sustainably i.e. growing their own foods, but those people don't have the means to live sustainably. I think these places really show that the only way to get the average person convinced you need to make it more easily accessible and less of a annoyance/burden.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how the person who shopped there was doing it for the past 5 years. It really shows dedication from her to do the right thing. Something that made me think was the fact that it was small because my farmers market was small too and it used to be huge, so maybe it shrunk more. Also it's cool that you might go to farmers markets on your own when you're older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really interesting to hear your perspective on the Market. I was surprised, however, by how you think that the markets and such aren't accessible already. I for one think that it's very easy to go to markets and things seeing as most people I know drive just as far to a supermarket as they would to a farmer's market. As for the prices in my opinion I would rather spend a bit more on organic, local foods that help the local economy, planet, and keep me healthy verses the other option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was preety interesting of how instead of interviewing the seller you interview the client. You could not only get the sellers perspective but the consumer as well, i liked that. I agree with luna that it'll be better for us to buy organic food, because others want to, but can't afford so we should have the chance to live healthy and sustainably.

    ReplyDelete