Friday, September 4, 2009

what is Math? What is Physics?


Math to me is pretty much the code of the universe. Almost everything can be explained using math, but I also think that math is to open-ended. By my experiences with math there are far to many ways to do one equation... it tends to get confusing. Math is something you can't escape in life no matter how hard you try! I guess Tom Lehrer's old song "That's Mathematics!" is very very true.
Physics to me is sort of like the king of science. With astronomy it seems these days right on it's tail.
Physics has a tendency to act like math at times in the sense that in the science relm it can explain almost all types of science... In a way it's like the code of science like how math is the code of the universe. Physics is also all around us... for example it explains why we stick the to earth and why our cars move the way they do. In my opinion I like physics a lot better than math!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a cool interpretation of what Math/Physics is! I like how you related astronomy and the universe can be related to math and physics.

    ReplyDelete